Entertaining...

So, for the first time in...I don't know how long, we're entertaining!

Yup, people are actually coming over to our place to enjoy our company (and a healthy dose of Monty Python's "Holy Grail"). Two of our guests are vegan, so I'm going to attempt to make an egg-free batter for veggies tempura. I wish I could think of a vegan type sauce to go with that.

We're also going to make some baked parmesan-chicken fingers with marinara sauce. Judy suggested that, and I don't know how to make it , but it sounds yummy! It can't be that tough if it's just chicken, parm cheese, and some batter for the coating.

In other news...

Jason named me as the assistant director of Texas Independent. Judy is business manager, and Cherie is the travel coordinator/something else I can't remember. I know we're going to be doing a lot of work, but hopefully we get it as close to correct as possible so that we get TXI off the ground and running!! We just have to go out and recruit people now! That's Jason's main job, I think. He knows a lot more people in the area than I do.

However, that might change in the next few years, as I was asked to return to Elgin for the Winter and for next fall. They must really like the work I write and the way I get along with the kids. So far it's going well, most of the kids are really positive and they all try really hard to figure out the work I teach. I can't wait to give them a great indoor guard show and help them realize how much better they are than they currently think they are!

At "real world" work I was reassigned to projects #3 and #4. This time working on literacy development for elementary school teachers. We'll see how long until I'm either switched back or moved on to something else.

Enough for now. I need to run to the bank and try to find some vegan sauce ideas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Been a long time since...

Talk