While I have some time

I set out a goal to update this blog at least weekly, but instead have updated weakly :-(

The past month has been incredibly busy for me! At work, we finally got a whole lot of projects that need to be completed quickly-- mostly by the beginning of December. So, I have been working pretty late compared to my normal business hours. Since I work for a major company, I don't like to put in long hours, but I've been doing it lately to make sure I don't have to take work home over the weekends.

So, lately I've been working from 8:30 am until 6:00 or later. This past week was the first close-to-40 hour week I've had since the beginning of October. I only worked 40.5 hours. I know a lot of people probably think that's nothing, but when you're accustomed to working 37.5 hours a week (like I was), and making MORE money than you currently make, you can see why it might be difficult to increase the hours you work and not see an increase in income.

I've been reducing my hours a bit on my non-profit group (ATXwinterguard.org) because of the increase in for-profit work hours. Luckily, I laid a lot of groundwork earlier in the year, and can back off a little bit while still having some success.

ATX winterguard now has 8 members/performers who will be performing around Austin, with possibly one show in San Antonio, one show in Commerce, and one in Dallas. The members are all young kids, which is great. They seem to be extremely excited about performing and learning the show, which is also great! AND, they seem to all get along so far! Which is AMAZINGLY GREAT!

So, I feel that things are going in the right direction. I hope that they continue to do so, and I will do everything I can to make sure that it keeps happening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Been a long time since...

Talk