Weekend Review

Boring weekend, for the most part.

For those in the know. I am a member of a drum and bugle corps from Dallas, TX. This corps is called FRONTIER and is an all-age corps including members as young as 13 and as old at mid 60's. I'm a member of the colorguard--or visual ensemble--and this past weekend we finally finished writing our show. It took a long time, but its actually nice to be done. The last two seasons the shows were not completed until championships weekend and then performed poorly at championships. This year we have 3 weeks to try and clean the show as much as possible.

Well, technically we only have 2 weeks before finals, but that's better than an hour or two!

The only thing that really sucked about this past weekend is that Judy (wife) had to stay home because she was teaching 2 summer classes and had to stay to give their finals on Saturday! Oh well, the life of a PhD candidate, I suppose... her blog is here if you want to look at it.

That's about the extent of the weekend. I'm reading a book called The Kite Runner, which is pretty good. I wanna slap the main character-- he's a total putz. Apparently this story is being turned into a motion picture. I wonder how they're going to show some of the scenes in the book...that's all I'll say. If you've read the book, you probably know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't read it, I recommend it. It's an easy read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Been a long time since...

Talk