Social Media

I just attended a meeting of the Social Media Club in downtown Austin. It was my first time attending such an event, and it was quite eye-opening!

As the founder of a non-profit organization, I have been attempting to use social media to get the word out about my organization and to try to drum up support. Apparently, I'm doing some of the right things! Andy Meadows, founder of LiveOak360, was the guest speaker, and his topic was the 10 things to do in the next 10 days in order to get your business talked about through social media. I won't get into the details here, but there will hopefully be something about it on the Social Media Club Austin website...so I provided a little linky :-)


I also did a little networking and found out about some organizations in Austin that are set up to help non-profits become more technically proficient and stuff such as that! I highly suggest going to one of these meetings if you're in or from the Austin, TX, area! It was relaxed and people were friendly and helpful!

I also found out that I know barely ANYTHING about computers, the internet, and things of that nature! Now I'm inspired to find out more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Talk

Been a long time since...